The Desert Sun Academy Dress Code
The Desert Sun Academy has a mandatory dress code for all elementary school students.
All school uniform clothing is available through Phoenix Embroidery.
Please click the Link to browse our uniform options:
Dress code information is highlighted below:
Tops: Red, white or navy blue knitted or dry-fit golf shirts (with collar):
- Short or long sleeves with official Desert Sun Academy crest/logo (available from Phoenix Embroidery).
- Friday’s students can wear DSA spirit t-shirts or Cactus Shadows or Sonoran Trails shirts.
- No other tops are acceptable.
Bottoms: Khaki/Tan or Navy Blue:
- BOYS - Neat chinos, neat cotton fitted shorts, walking shorts or cargo shorts
- GIRLS – Skirts, pants, capris, jumpers, scooters / skorts or shorts; leggings are acceptable during colder weather but must be under shorts or a skirt.
- No stripes, embroidery, sweat pants, color trimmed or athletic bottoms
- Bottoms may be purchased from any store that carries uniform-type children’s clothing.
- Navy / Red caps with the official Desert Sun Academy logo - (available only from Phoenix Embroidery).
- Cactus Shadows/Sonoran Trails gear is acceptable.
- No other caps are acceptable.
Other dress code rules:
- A black or brown belt is required if pants are loose. It is recommended, but not required, if pants are snug around the waist.
- Shorts/skirts must be below mid-thigh.
- Shoes / sneakers must be neat, safe and appropriate. Laces must be tied.
- No flip-flops or water shoes are permitted.
- No athletic / gym type shorts are permitted.
- The principal or teachers will determine whether clothing complies with the Desert Sun Academy dress code. If students are out of uniform, they will need to “borrow” a uniform from the health office and return it the next day ironed and folded, OR call home and have a parent bring a uniform to school.
Winter/Cold Weather Rules:
On very cold days, students may need to wear hoodies, jackets, sweatshirts or sweaters over their school uniform.
- Outer garments must be solid Red, White or Blue. No other colors are acceptable. They may not have any trim, stripes, pictures, writing or athletic logos. Options are available through Phoenix Embroidery with the DSA logo.
- Teachers may ask students to remove outerwear in the classroom.
- A long sleeve shirt may be worn under the uniform short sleeve shirt on chilly days.