- A Personalized Learning Enviornment where students learn at their own pace using small group strategies and software platforms such as Imagine Math, Smarty Ants, and Achieve3000.
- Music, PE, or Art on a daily basis for all students (CCUSD has not cut specials at DSA ever!)
- French World Language Program currently offered K-5! This is the only program of its kind in the state of Arizona!
- Science instruction in our SCIENCE WING
- Student access to a Makerspace and STEAM Lab
- Student access to the library to check in/out books.
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Guitar Instruction for 6th grade and Ukulele Instruction for 5th grade
- Kagan Cooperative Learning: implemented to increase academic achievement for all students, enhance self-esteem, create a more harmonious classroom climate, reduce discipline problems, and develop students' social skills and character virtues
- Adoption of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS): a systematic approach to support student positive behavior
- Project Based Learning: through PBL projects we raise students' level of engagement, authenticity, collaboration, and higher-order thinking, which increases the rigor in our classrooms and develops great 21st Century problem-solvers