Course of Study: Pathways
CCUSD elementary sites offer many various programs that allow children to explore areas of interest. Instruction in the core curricula of English, Math, Science. and Social Studies from kindergarten through sixth grade remains constant.
- Special Areas include Art, Music, and Physical Education.
- All elementary students receive exposure to a World Language [Spanish or Mandarin].
- World Language Immersion offerings include French [Desert Sun Academy], Mandarin [Horseshoe Trails Elementary], and Spanish [Desert Willow Elementary].
- Acceleration may occur in the area of math from 5th to 6th grade, depending upon many factors.
- High-achieving and gifted students will have the instruction differentiated by the classroom teacher to allow for an increase in the depth of knowledge.
- In addtion, CCUSD offers a weekly Creative Inquiry opportunity for gifted students to participate in a half-day "makerspace-like" environment.
- Each site offers a unique program and several after-school activities for children to expore their interests.
As CCUSD students move from Sonoran Trails Middle School to Cactus Shadows High School [CSHS], they will find many courses available to fit individual needs. Click on the subjects below to see the many course offerings at CSHS.