Language Acquisition for English Learners
We provide a variety of resources to teachers, students, and parents to facilitate our students who are English Learners [EL]:
- EL Coordinator at each site.
- Rosetta Stone Licenses for EL students in grade 3 and up.
- Translation services as needed for conferences, important documents, and communication.
- iPads to assist in phonics development and vocabulary acquisition.
- Individual Language Learner Plans [ILLPs] to guide our EL students through the mainstream classroom.
- AZELLA assessment and re-assessment for monitoring EL students' progress and for exiting proficient English speakers from the program.
Should you have site-specific questions, please contact the appropriate EL Coordinator:
- Black Mountain Elementary School: Kristin Cardin
- Desert Sun Academy: Maria Mayeux
- Desert Willow Elementary School: Sherry Holton
- Horseshoe Trails Elementary School: Emily Hill
- Lone Mountain Elementary School: Daryl Greenberg
- Sonoran Trails Middle School: Melissa Cunningham
- Cactus Shadows High School: Doni Nasr