Welcome to World History with Mrs.Frazey!
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
Cactus Shadows High School has transitioned to online learning. Course work continues to be available via my Google Classroom. The steps required for students to access or enroll in my Google Classroom are: 1.Go to Google Classroom 2.Click on the + and select join a class 3.Enter the class code that corresponds with the class you take
Weekly Assignments: The course work for all my courses will be made available each week on Saturday and will be due by 11:59 PM on Friday. This provides students with six days to complete the weekly work. Students will always have access to the next weekly assignments far in advance. These lesson plans include test prep for their finals in May.
Attendance: In compliance with state guidelines I will need to mark attendance each school day (M-F). Therefore, in addition to the weekly assignments, students will have a Daily Question that they will have to answer by 3:00 PM. The Daily Question will double as an attendance marker that I will use to mark students present or absent, and will only be accessible on scheduled school days. It will also be used to give students daily class points as it directly related to their World History curriculum.
Communication: Should you or your student need additional help/information please feel free to email at email@example.com or students can schedule “Office Hours” for individual needs or more in-depth questions. I am willing and able to provide “Office Hours” on Zoom. Please email me to schedule this.
All work for quarter 4 must be turned in by the following dates: Seniors May 8th and Juniors through Freshman have until May 15th.
Thanks everyone; stay safe and well,
Mrs. Kelly Frazey
New Daily Online Schedule:
6:30 - 7:00 AM Zero Hour
8:00 - 8:30 AM 1st period
8:45 - 9:15 AM 2nd period
9:30 - 10:00 AM 3rd period
10:15 - 10:45 AM 4th period
11:00 - 12:00 PM Lunch
12:15 - 12:45 PM 5th period
1:00 - 1:45 PM 6th period
2:00 - 3:00 PM Office Hours
CSHS Online Class Schedule with Google Classroom code -
Students, please visit my Google Classroom daily and sign in and contribute to my daily and weekly assignments! Attendance is taken daily.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a secured Google Classroom code.
1st hour IB World History
2nd hour IB World History
3rd hour prep
4th hour AP World History
5th hour AP World History
6th hour AP World History
Mrs. Frazey’s Online Classroom Expectations
- Classwork and assignments will be uploaded to the Google Classroom once a week.
- Students will have a full week to complete the assigned work.
- Every CLASS day (M-F) will have a required “Daily Question” that will also count as attendance and the daily participation.
- Students in all classes have from 7:00 AM until 3:00 PM to answer the “Daily Question”
- Students who do NOT answer the “Daily Question” by 3:00 PM will be marked absent for the day.
- All assignments will be located in the “CLASSWORK” tab on the Google Classroom.
- Students will complete and upload all work to the “CLASSWORK” tab on the Google Classroom.
- Students will submit these assignments within one full week from when assigned, remembering that the “Daily Question” is due daily by 3 PM that same day.
Office Hours/ Contacting Mrs. Frazey:
- Mrs. Frazey will be available between 7 AM and 3 PM via her school email account: email@example.com
- Students may arrange for a video conference on Zoom by emailing Mrs. Frazey
See teacher for specific syllabus.
1) Books needed for IB World History are Pearson's 20th Century World History and Oxford's Move to Global War
2) Book needed for AP World History is Strayer's Ways of the World
Required Texts for IB World History:
1)20th Century World History, ISBN: 978-0-435994433
2) Move to Global War, ISBN-13: 978-0198310181
Required Texts for AP World History:
Ways of the World 3rd Edition, ISBN: 978-1-319-02272-3