Welcome to World History with Mrs.Frazey!
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
Cactus Shadows High School has in person learning with Google Classroom as the curriculum platform. All course work is now available via my Google Classroom site. An invitation to join my Google Classroom has already been sent to your child.
Weekly Assignments: The course work for all my courses will be made available each week on Saturday prior to the due date and will be due as specified on that particular assignment or quiz on Google Classroom. This provides students with ample time to complete the work. Students will always have access to the next weekly assignments far in advance. These lesson plans include test prep for their AP and IB finals in May.
Attendance: In compliance with state guidelines I will need to mark attendance each school day (M-F), except for days off on our district calendar. Attendance is mandatory daily. If you are going to be absent please email me and I will have your assignments already posted in Google Classroom.
Behavior Expectations .
- Students should dress according to the student handbook.
- Casual - school-appropriate
- Hoodies does not cover the head
- No pajamas or sleepwear
- No inappropriate messaging on clothing
Language and behavior:
- School-appropriate language
- Avoid distracting behaviors
- Students must log in within the 5-minute window before the assigned class time start-each student has their own laptop assigned in class
- Tardiness will be recorded.
- Teachers will take attendance with within first 5 minutes of class. Attendance and tardiness will be recorded.
- If a student will miss a class period or a whole day, please call the attendance line
- Student behavior must be in accordance with established guidelines in the handbook. If a behavior that is not in alignment with the school rules occurs, consequences will apply.
- Academic integrity is absolutely expected during this time- students should produce and turn in their own work - any violations will have consequences in accordance with the student handbook.
Communication: Should you or your student need additional help/information please feel free to email at email@example.com or students can schedule “Office Hours” for individual needs or more in-depth questions. I am willing and able to provide “Office Hours” daily 2:00 -3:00 pm. Please email me to schedule this.
New Daily Online Schedule:
6:15 - 7:15 AM Zero Hour
7:20 - 8:17 AM 1st period - AP World History
8:22 - 9:19 AM 2nd period - AP World History
9:24 - 10:21 AM 3rd period - AP World History
10:26 - 12:09 PM 4th period - Prep/ Lunch
12:09 - 1:05 PM 5th period - AP World History
1:10 - 2:05 PM 6th period - IB 20th Century World History
2:05 - 3:00 PM Office Hours - please email me to set up a time
Students, please visit my Google Classroom daily and sign in and contribute to my daily and weekly assignments! Attendance is taken daily.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st period: AP World History 7:20-8:17
2nd period: AP World History 8:22-9:19
3rd period: AP World History 9:24 - 10:21
4th period: Prep/Lunch 10:26 - 12:09
5th period: AP World History 12:09 - 1:05
6th period: IB 20th Century World History 1:10 - 2:05
Office Hours daily by appointment through email 2:10 - 3:00
Mrs. Frazey’s Online Classroom Expectations
- Classwork and assignments will be uploaded to Google Classroom as specified.
- Students will have a full week to complete the assigned work.
- Follow district protocol for your behavior expectations.
- All assignments will be located in Google Classroom
- Students will complete and upload all work to the submission tab on the Google Classroom.
Office Hours/ Contacting Mrs. Frazey:
- Mrs. Frazey will be available through school email account: email@example.com
- Students may arrange for office hours by emailing Mrs. Frazey
See teacher for specific syllabus.
1) Books needed for IB History of the Americas is Oxford's History of the Americas and Oxford's Move to Global War
2) Book needed for AP World History is Strayer's Ways of the World
Required Texts for IB History of the Americas:
1)Oxford's History of the Americas, ISBN 978- 0198310235
2) Move to Global War, ISBN-13: 978-0198310181
Required Texts for AP World History:
Ways of the World 3rd Edition, ISBN: 978-1-319-02272-3