Spanish Immersion Preschool
Children as young as 3 years old and potty-trained can start Spanish Immersion Preschool on the Desert Willow Elementary School campus. These classes are offered through Education & Community Services Department (ECS) and Child's Play Preschool.
Students in the preschool:
- Begin to aquire Spanish through a natural approach
- Maintain grandfather status for continuing in the DWES Spanish Immersion kinder classes
- Can choose from a variety of days and times to attend
Grandfather Clauses for 2020-21 kindergarten:
(1) Incoming kinder students are grandfathered into Spanish immersion if they have an older sibling already in the program
(2) Students enrolled in the Spanish immersion preschool are normally grandfathered into the Kinder Spanish immersion program at Desert Willow Elementary School. During this time of Covid however, the additional following grandfather clauses will be honored:
- If you are a preschool family from 2019-20 who is registered for a 2nd year in preschool for 2020-21, your spot to enter Kdg. in August of 2021 will be maintained even if you choose not to attend preschool in person this school year due to health and safety concerns.
- If you are a preschool family who is newly enrolled for 2020-21 and will be old enough to enter Kdg. in August of 2021 your spot will be maintained even if you choose not to attend preschool in person this school year due to health and safety concerns.
(3) If between these previous two clauses take up all 50 spots for the 2020-21 kinder class, original enrollment dates will be used to determine priority.
Grandfather Clauses for 2020-21 preschool:
- Families who drop from the program due to Covid health and safety concerns, will be added to a priority waiting list. However, new families who do not have the Covid health and safety concerns may enroll and take that opening in the class.