Happy Monday Bobcat Nation!! Welcome to the FOURTH QUARTER....otherwise known as the HOME STRETCH!!! While summer vacation may be in our sights, there is still lots to learn and do before the focus of our days becomes how often to reapply the sunscreen and how long to wait after lunch before diving back into the pool. These final couple months of the school year are jam packed and part of our challenge as parents is to help keep our kiddos focused and prepared to soak in all goodness our BMES staff is imparting on them as they prepare to move onto whatever grade level lies ahead. From end of the year projects to AZMerit Testing and from arts performances to group presentations, let's keep our Bobcats' heads in the game so that they can finish out the year as AWESOME as they started it. It never ceases to amaze me what these kiddos accomplish in the course of a school year....we truly have SUCH an amazing team of leaders helping to shape these fine young global citizens....
So what is next on the BMES agenda?? Here are just a few updates to keep you all in the loop as to what is going on around campus right now from the PTO perspective.....
1) ONE MORE WEEK!!! If you have not already done so, please be sure to complete our Annual PTO Feedback survey! We want to know what you love, what you would change, what ideas you have and how you want to be involved next year!! Interested in joining the PTO Executive Board next year? This is the place to let us know! Takes no more than 5 minutes to complete. The more feedback we have, the better we will be!
Thank you in advance! To complete, click HERE.
2) March is National Reading Month and our annual Learn2Earn Whooo's Reading Read-a-thon is over halfway complete! This is a fundraiser our students LOVE because it is FUN, parents LOVE because it doesn't involve selling anything, and staff LOVES because it gets kids READING!! This year we hope to raise at least $10K for our Bobcats over the month of March! You students' login information should have come home last week. If you have NOT received yours please contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be sure to get it to you ASAP. If you have questions about the program, here are a few short videos you can watch to get up to speed
How To Authorize Your Child's Account
How to Invite Sponsors
3) ***TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR THE 3rd ANNUAL EVENING FOR THE ARTS! Each year our PTO oversees many efforts in order to raise the monies needed to support programs that would otherwise not be possible within the school budget. This special event is to ensure funding for our extremely successful Arts Program, specifically our Dance and Drama programs. Every student at Black Mountain Elementary school participates in both programs as well as; art, band, and music. We would like to invite you to support this important cause by purchasing your Event Tickets or by providing a Sponsorship and/or Donation for this special fundraising event. Visit www.bmespto.org/gala for more info and/or to purchase tickets!
- This year, we are asking for the help and generosity of our Bobcat Nation to build some A-MA-ZING baskets for the silent auction. Please see the list of our desired themes (assigned by classrooms) at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4dabaf28a5fb6-evening2 and see if you can help provide one or more items to build them out! All items should be brought to the front office labeled "Gala Basket" before March 22nd. You can bring them in ASAP! Thank you in advance for your generosity Bobcat Nation!
*Looking for a way to get involved??? We can/ help with that!! Here are our current Volunteer/Donation Sign-Ups:
* PTO Committee Volunteers: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4dabaf28a5fb6-bmes3
* BMES Dad's Club - email Mike Marcinko at Michael.Marcinko@fbfs.com
Want to see what's going on at BMES? Be sure to save www.bmespto.org as a favorite and check for updated info ANYTIME!!!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together, we can do more!
BMES PTO President